– Quick! Invited to a patio party at the last minute? Here’s a colorful take along that will knock the socks off the assembled multitude!
Check out Ruthies video tip for no fuss no mess instructions on how to peel those pesky kiwis
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and diced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup cubed pineapple
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1 tablespoon instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Set fruit in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with pudding mix and stir.
- Stir in lemon juice and extracts. (If pudding mix powder is still visible stir in water, a teaspoon at a time, until powder is absorbed.)
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Ruthie’s Culinary Clues: You want about four cups of fruit for this recipe, but feel free to use whatever fruits you like! Sliced peaches, raspberries and melon make great options. Swap out the lemon juice with lime juice for a little tropical flair. (And really…who doesn’t like a little tropical flair?) Make this dish a day early and save time the day of your party.