– Over at the Starchak trailer, Winter is getting old. We need some comfort food to BEET the Winter Blues. (HA HA) So I made this up and ran over to Ruthie’s with a bottle of cheap red. Not only is it deeellishous… It’s a great way to enhance a dull and boring frozen pizza. Seriously, its like a silk purse from a sow’s ear as they say. And of course if you discard all packaging your guests will believe you made it from scratch. Like Ruthie says, ….. its not a lie if you had to open more than one package.
- Cheap frozen cheese pizza. (it is against the Starchak code if you spend more than $2.99)
- Can of sliced beets – REGULAR NOT PICKLED
- Package of steam-able chopped spinach (steam-able chopped is easier to thaw. Also it has less water in it so your Za wont get soggy).
- Goat cheese log
- Shredded mozzarella
- Put the beets in a colander and rinse – drain well.
- Open the steam-able package of spinach and put a few handfuls in a microwave safe bowl. (re close the package you can use the leftovers later).
- Microwave to thaw.
- Top the pizza with 4 or 5 rounds of beets – theres enough beets in the can for three pizzas so if you are only making one you will have leftovers – Store them in the fridge for later. Beets are good and good for ya.
- Put some goat cheese rounds between the beets
- Spread spinach over and top with a few handfuls of shredded mozzarella.
- Bake in 375 oven till crust is nice and golden.
- Switch to broil and broil the top so everything is nice and crusty.