– You KNOW how to make grilled cheese! You KNOW how to buy spinach artichoke dip! Well But didja ever think about COMBINING them? Yet another quick and clever tastey treat that’s rich, buttery and easy. Sure to be your new comfort-food favorite.
This is totally all you need!
- 1/2 cup shredded Pecorino-Romano cheese (or whatever)
- 1/2 cup spinach-artichoke dip
- Butter, softened
- 4 slices crusty bread
Its a no brainer kids!
- Combine the cheese and dip in a large bowl.
- Mix until just combined, and set aside.
- Butter the bread slices.
- Top two slices of bread with cheese mixture (over the butter).
- Top with remaining slices of bread, butter-side down.
- Butter tops of sandwiches. Butter butter butter….. lots of BUTTER.
- MORE BUTTER> Melt a tablespoon of butter in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Set one sandwich in skillet over the melted butter, unbuttered side down.
- Toast 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip sandwich and toast other side 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with other sandwich.
Ruthie’sCulinary Clues: (Ruthie tested this recipe with Sendik’s Pecorino-Romano cheese, Sendik’s Spinach Artichoke Dip and Ecce Panis Roasted Garlic Italian Loaf.) Can’t find the Pecorino-Romano cheese? Use shredded Romano, a Romano blend or even an Italian cheese blend. The spinach-artichoke dip can’t have too much liquid or be too creamy. Look for a dip that has a bit of texture to it. Any leftover cheese-dip mixture is great on crackers!
Cynthia Says: If you aren’t motivated to be so chi chi. Get some basic bread, some shredded cheese and a tub of good lumpy spinach artichoke dip – slap it all together and grill !! YUM! Tomato soup on the side.