- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Rum Chata
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 slices bread
- Using a whisk or fork, beat the eggs, milk, Rum Chata and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip slices of bread into egg mixture.
- Grill bread in skillet until golden brown, roughly 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden.
Ruthie’s Culinary Clues
You may need to add extra butter to the skillet between batches when preparing this recipe. The toast is great made with thick slices of bread, but if you only have a loaf of sliced white bread on hand – go for it! Serve with a dollop of extra butter syrup and add some crunched nuts or fruit.
Cynthia Says: Should be Brazilian Bombshell Toast! SAMBA and sing along!!
PS Tico Tico translation: (no kidding!) :
OH, TICO TICO, TICK!
OH, TICO TICO, TOCK!
THIS TICO TICO, HE`S THE CUCKOO IN MY CLOCK.
AND WHEN HE SAYS `CUCKOO,`
HE MEANS IT`S TIME TO WOO,
IT`S TICO TIME FOR ALL THE LOVERS ON THE BLOCK.
I`VE GOT A HEAVY DATE,
A TETE A TETE AT EIGHT,
SO SPEAK, OH, TICO, TELL ME IF IT`S GETTING LATE?
IF I`M ON TIME, CUCKOO,
BUT, IF I`M LATE, WOO-WOO!
THE ONE MY HEART IS GONE TO MAY NOT WANT TO WAIT!
OH, OH, I HEAR MY LITTLE TICO TICO CALLING
BECAUSE THE TIME IS RIGHT AND SHADES OF NIGHT
I LOVE THAT NOT-SO-CUCKOO CUCKOO IN THE CLOCK,
TICO TICO TICO TICO TICO TOCK!!!