Hot Stuff for the Weekend!
I increased the amount of paprika, changed the ginger from powdered to fresh and omitted the parsley.
Another variation is to omit the olive oil and cook in ½ cup white wine, (That would be Cynthia’s choice – but it also makes the recipe lower in fat without losing the flavor). My family likes spicy foods! I usually serve this with Gingered Coconut Rice. (Link for that recipe below)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (or white wine)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TBSP sweet paprika
- 1/2 TBSP ground cumin
- 1 Tsp fresh grated ginger
- ¼ Tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 ½# large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Salt to taste
- Heat olive oil or wine in a large skillet.
- Add garlic, paprika, cumin, ginger and cayenne and cook over moderate heat, about 1 ½ minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook, stirring until they turn pink- about 2-4 minutes.
- Season with salt.
Serve with Gingered Coconut Rice. (Click for a link to recipe)
Click for a printable page: Fiery King Prawns