– Who doesn’t love ice cream? It’s American, damn it! Now you can have ice cream and CAKE too in ONE neat package…. Just like the most interesting man in the world! Our strawberry sensation comes together in no time! Best of all, you can toss it together and pop it in the freezer a day before the party. You’ll be the talk of the town!
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) tub whipped topping, thawed 1 (4-serving-size) package strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-2 drops vanilla extract
- Line a 9×5-in loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Leave extra wrap extending over the sides of the pan.
- Cut the cake into 1-in cubes. Set aside.
- Combine the whipped topping, gelatin powder, ice cream and extract in a large bowl until well combined and consistent in color.
- Carefully fold in cake cubes.
- Pour or spoon mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Cover top with extended plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- Pull top covering away from dessert.
- Invert dessert onto serving platter and carefully remove the loaf pan and plastic wrap.
Ruthie’s Culinary Clues: Garnish finished dessert with strawberry ice cream topping or sliced fresh strawberries. Try this frosty treat with different flavors of gelatin or cube up angel food cake if you’d like. Cynthia drank up all the vanilla extract? Leave it out! No problem-o!
Cynthia Says: I did NOT.
Heres the printable: Easy Ice Cream Cake