Here’s a hearty good Irish Stew you can make in just 30 minutes!
- stew meat, beef or lamb cubed 1.5 lbs
- flour 1/2 cup
- salt and pepper couple of tbs each
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- onion, chopped in big pieces
- carrots and peas – you can use fresh and chop or save some time by using a bag of frozen peas and carrots.
- beef broth, 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans or prepared beef bouillon (cubes) OR prepared dry onion soup equal to 2.5 – 3 cups
AND the most important ingredient
- 1 (11 ounce) Guinness stout
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. You can put a little dry onion soup in there too…. Coat the stew meat in the flour mixture, reserving the rest of the flour when done.
- Heat oil in a non-stick stock pot. Brown meat on all sides.
- Add potatoes, onion, carrots and remaining flour. Stir and cook until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add your prepared beef broth or onion soup and the Guinness.
- Simmer at least 15-20 minutes, or longer if desired.
- Add peas just before serving, stir to warm them up.
Delicious when served with warm crusty bread and butter!
Here’s the printable pdf: