– Who doesn’t love a cowboy? This slow-cooked cowpoke favorite has a twist. Great for bring-a-dish parties hosted by a-holes too cheap to treat everyone to food. Reheat over the propane at the barbecue or tailgate… AND its LOADED with BEANS for that after dinner homage to Blazing Saddles.
- 14 frozen fully-cooked meatballs, thawed (from a 24-ounce package)
- 2 (28 ounce) cans baked beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- Spritz a 6-qt. slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add meatballs to slow cooker. (Freeze other meatballs for future use.)
- Top with beans, onion and mushrooms.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until heated through.
RUTHIES CULINARY CLUES: Ruthie tested this recipe with A1 Steak Sauce. Feel free to get creative with this recipe, but note that your slow cooker will be full. If you add ingredients, you may have to cut back on something else. This makes a lot, but leftovers freeze well for last minute parties, dinners and tailgates.
Heres the printable PDF: Cowboy Beans n Balls
CYNTHIA SAYS: WHOA! This one is great ’cause you just throw a bunch of stuff in the crock pot and let it stew. Add some Jack for that authentic cowboy flavor and then drink some on the side! Make some cornbread for dippin’ and you got yourself a potful of cowboy cookin’ that will amaze your friends.