What’s better than chocolate and peanut butter? Okay…sailors, construction workers and Gay porn stars. But after that? Not much! Cool off sultry summer nights with this frosty treat! It’s a no-bake delight that comes together in moments. Best of all, you can make the damn thing ahead of time and store it in the freezer.
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cans (5 oz each) sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust (6 oz)
- Chocolate ice cream topping
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. (Yes, I said “fluffy.”)
- Slowly beat in condensed milk.
- Beat in peanut butter, lemon juice and extract until well combined.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon into pie crust. (Crust will be full.)
- Drizzle ice cream topping over pie.
- Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Set out 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
Ruthie’s Culinary Clues
If you want to be extra fancy, grab some heavy whipping cream and whip it up to use in place of the frozen whipped topping, or garnish the pie with chopped peanut butter cups for extra flair. You can store this honey of a dessert in the freezer for up to 2 months. Have some extra pie filing? Store it in the fridge. It’s a great dip for apple wedges, celery sticks or graham crackers.
For a printable recipe click HERE: choco-peanut-butter-pie